The Jewish's Heritage
The Jewish History in Porto is half day walking tour, a discovery of the Jewish heritage, curiosities, families, influences in the economy, and culture in the city.
Guided by specialist in Jewish issues you will be taken, in chronological order, through three of the four Jewish quarters that existed in Porto, up to the time of King Manuel the 1st edict of expulsion in 1496.
In this experience you will visit the fourth Jewish quarter and understand why it was built outside the city walls. You will understand the Inquisition started in 1536 and the relation with the local community and the return of this community with Marquês de Pombal by the time of 1753.
During this intense adventure you visit a secret synagogue in Rua Sã o Miguel see a plaque commemorating the victims of the Inquisition outside Mosteiro Sã o Bento da Vitória and end in the beautiful Centro Português de Fotografia where the Porto's only two Autos de Fé took place.
This experience can be tailored according to your personal preferences and time available.
- Itinerary: City center, Jewish neighborhoods;
- Meeting Point: To be determined;
- Pick up time: To be determined with the Client;
- Duration: Half | Full Day Experience (4|8 hours);
- Includes: Jewish tour guide, flexible schedule;
- Spoken languages: English, French, Spanish, Italian, German and Portuguese;
- Other languages available by request and budget; Price: From 45€ per person.
Meet Me at Porto creates original, exciting, unique tours and experiences for sophisticated travelers and corporate events for demanding companies.
Other cultural experiences